It’s that time of year again! When friends and family come together to support their favorite team, or, as the case may be, come together to face off and cheer for opposing teams! Here are a few simple ideas to make your Super Bowl gathering more exciting.
First, no party would be complete without the banners or colors of your favorite team. This year it’s a tough choice between two old school teams, the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers. You can pick one or have a bit of flare for both! Lay out a green table cloth to represent the gridiron and set up the team gear on opposite sides.
Courtesy of http://www.PartyCity.com
And no Super Bowl Party would be complete with out a hearty, tasty treat. This year try a great slow cooker chili recipe. Using turkey meat instead of ground beef can be a healthier option.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans with liquid
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Season with chili powder, parsley, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low
Courtesy of http://www.Allrecipes.com
Finally, make this non-holiday count! Make this Super Bowl Sunday a SOUP-er Bowl Sunday. When sending out your invitations or calling friends, ask each attendee to bring a can or two of soup. Find a local shelter or food bank that is accepting donations and drop of your charitable gift to make someone’s February a little brighter! 🙂
Have a Happy Super Bowl!! Goooooooo [your team’s name inserted here]!!!!!